Maximizing the patient’s ability to recover more quickly and more permanently, will be well accepted in the continually changing substance abuse landscape. Substance abusers have long been looking for “better care” not just “more care.”
– Diamond Tree
- Remove the obstacles/dependency inhibiting healing, (Detox)
- Restore of the body to homeostasis (Lifestyle medicine)
- Give the cells and tissues what they need to heal and repair (Evidence-based nutrition)
- Accelerated Healing
- Evidence-Based Nutrition
- Optimal Supplementation
- Radical Well-Being
- Lifestyle Medicine/Healthy Routines
- Eastern/Western Hybrid Medicine
- Frontal Lobe Rehabilitation
- Amygdala/VTA/Nucleus Accumbens downregulation
- Essential Fatty Acids & Amino Acids Supplementation
- Executive Planning & Mindfulness Practice
- Practical Life Management
- Job/Life Skills Training & Affordable Housing
- AfterCare & Alumni Services
In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.
– Robert Frost
- Week One, Diamond Tree will supply 1 vape pen (2.1 nicotine, herbal or vitamin vape). Pens last about 500 puffs and are allowed after mealtime cleanup and bedtime. Diamond Tree will administer nicotine patch up to 21 mg (purchased by patient).
- Week Two, Diamond Tree will administer up to 14 mg nicotine patch and allow nicotine free vaping after mealtime cleanup and bedtime.
- Week Three, Diamond Tree will administer up to 7 mg nicotine patches and allow nicotine free vaping after mealtime cleanup and bedtime.
- Week Four, Nicotine free. Herbal/vitamin vaping will be allowed after mealtime cleanup and bedtime.
- Sufficient daily clean water consumption: ½ body weight in ounces
- Organic Plant Based Nutrition
- NeuroAmino SP
- Omega Co3
- A, D, E, K
- Clearvite CHC
- Methyl SP
- Daily Yoga
- Anti-Inflammatory diet
- Proper Sleep Hygiene
- Drugs ie. Illicit, Pharmaceutical, synthetic
- Cigarettes, tobacco
- Refined Sugar
- Packaged/Processed Food
Nutrition: Essential Fatty Acids and Anti-inflammatory nutrients
Celery is not cookies. Essential nutrients are needed to help minimize withdrawal symptoms during detox and reduce cravings during recovery. Any plan for long-term abstinence must include an optimal nutrition plan.
– Amanda Kotter – MH, CN
- abnormal neuronal development
- disruptions in regulatory processes, such as the sleep-wake cycle
- sub-optimal performance in global measurements of cognition, motor skills, and social-emotional behavior
- cognitive deficits associated with reductions in learning capacity and productivity.(3)
2. Nutrition in Addiction Recovery – Many Hands Organic Farm http://www.mhof.net/sites/default/files/Addiction%20and%20Recovery%20Report.pdf
3. NIH Public Access Neurodevelopment and Childhood Behaviors http://www.talkingaboutthescience.com/studies/Hibbeln2014.pdf