- Accelerated Healing
- Evidence-Based Nutrition
- Optimal Supplementation
- Radical Well-Being
- Lifestyle Medicine/Healthy Routines
- Eastern/Western Hybrid Medicine
- Frontal Lobe Rehabilitation
- Amygdala/VTA/Nucleus Accumbens downregulation
- Essential Fatty Acids & Amino Acids Supplementation
- Executive Planning & Mindfulness Practice
- Practical Life Management
- Job/Life Skills Training & Affordable Housing
- AfterCare & Alumni Services
In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.
– Robert Frost
- Week One, Diamond Tree will supply 1 vape pen (2.1 nicotine, herbal or vitamin vape). Pens last about 500 puffs and are allowed after mealtime cleanup and bedtime. Diamond Tree will administer nicotine patch up to 21 mg (purchased by patient).
- Week Two, Diamond Tree will administer up to 14 mg nicotine patch and allow nicotine free vaping after mealtime cleanup and bedtime.
- Week Three, Diamond Tree will administer up to 7 mg nicotine patches and allow nicotine free vaping after mealtime cleanup and bedtime.
- Week Four, Nicotine free. Herbal/vitamin vaping will be allowed after mealtime cleanup and bedtime.
- Sufficient daily clean water consumption: ½ body weight in ounces
- Organic Plant Based Nutrition
- NeuroAmino SP
- Omega Co3
- A, D, E, K
- Clearvite CHC
- Methyl SP
- Daily Yoga
- Anti-Inflammatory diet
- Proper Sleep Hygiene
- Drugs ie. Illicit, Pharmaceutical, synthetic
- Cigarettes, tobacco
- Refined Sugar
- Packaged/Processed Food
Nutrition: Essential Fatty Acids and Anti-inflammatory nutrients
Celery is not cookies. Essential nutrients are needed to help minimize withdrawal symptoms during detox and reduce cravings during recovery. Any plan for long-term abstinence must include an optimal nutrition plan.
– Amanda Kotter – MH, CN
- abnormal neuronal development
- disruptions in regulatory processes, such as the sleep-wake cycle
- sub-optimal performance in global measurements of cognition, motor skills, and social-emotional behavior
- cognitive deficits associated with reductions in learning capacity and productivity.(3)
2. Nutrition in Addiction Recovery – Many Hands Organic Farm http://www.mhof.net/sites/default/files/Addiction%20and%20Recovery%20Report.pdf
3. NIH Public Access Neurodevelopment and Childhood Behaviors http://www.talkingaboutthescience.com/studies/Hibbeln2014.pdf
Back when I’d lie, cheat & steal, I didn’t want to feel, so I’d take pills. I preferred drugs. Not love and hugs. I lost all control and lived like a mole. When I reached Hell, my heart swelled…and stopped…
But I popped back up and went down to my knees. Everyone but me could see, I needed recovery.
So I put my pride on the shelf & became mindful with myself. Then came the fruition, it was all about nutrition. I pushed through the pain because I had a lot to gain. I witnessed how fitness helped me stay sane. Now I just had to balance my brain.
For a long term recovery, I went through a discovery of passion and purpose. I learned how to conquer being nervous by being of service. I stay connected to be more effective. Now I can see the better version of me!